Biden: US would 'preferred a different outcome' of UK referendum
He stresses that United States respect results of referendum in Great Britain
According to Reuters, the Vice President Joe Biden said the United States would rather Britain had voted to remain in the European Union, but respected the result of the Brexit referendum.
"I must say we had looked for a different outcome. We would have preferred a different outcome ... but the United States has a long-standing friendship with the United Kingdom and that very special bond will endure,” he said in a speech in Dublin.
"We fully respect the decision they have made," he said.
EU Council not to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria 17 October, 20:36
Poroshenko, Stoltenberg to meet in Brussels on October 20 18 October, 21:47
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels