Biden urged Ukraine and Russia to prevent the escalation of tensions
US Vice President had a phone conversation with the President of Ukraine
US Vice President Joe Biden during a telephone conversation with President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko urged "to implement his part" of actions to prevent the escalation of conflict with Russia.This was reported by Reuters with reference to the White House.
With a similar appeal Joe Biden addressed to the Russian side.Biden and Poroshenko confirmed their commitment to the full implementation of the Minsk agreements. "Both leaders reiterated their strong support for the political and diplomatic means to recover Ukrainian sovereignty and territorial integrity, in particular through full implementation of the Minsk agreements," - said in a statement.
Biden also noted the important steps taken by Ukraine to implement the relevant commitments in the framework of cooperation with the IMF, in particular in the context of the fight against corruption.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars