Berlin to host Normandy Four meeting today
The quadrilateral meeting will kick off at 18.30 local time
Leaders of Ukraine, Germany, France and Russia will gather in the German capital tonight for another round of negotiations to settle Donbas conflict. Briefly before the gathering, Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko will hold separate meeting with his EU counterparts, Francois Hollande and Angela Merkel.
The sides finally agreed on the time and place for the meeting after long discussions on the issue. Poroshenko’s press service noted that the meeting is supposed to ‘make Russia more cooperative in keeping up to its commitments regarding the Minsk agreements’. French foreign minister Jean-Marc Ayrault, however, said the actual goal of the meeting was to make Ukraine fulfill its part of the agreement.
Previously, President Poroshenko repeatedly insisted that Kyiv will not be moving forward in political process until respective security conditions are provided.
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars