Yanukovych says he removed 590 prosecutors from Ukrainian citizenship
On the basis of the “order” Russian prosecutors apply their Ukrainian counterparts to terminate criminal cases against the prosecutors from the list
Fugitive former Ukrainian President Victor Yanukovych signed an “order” “removing 590 prosecutors from Ukrainian citizenship”. These prosecutors were rendered treason charges in Ukraine earlier. This was announced by the Prosecutor General of Ukraine on his Facebook page.
The official letter with the order itself was sent by the General Prosecutor's Office of Russia to the General Prosecutor's Office of Ukraine.
“Now we have all the data on another 291 betrayer, – wrote Lutsenko. - With this in view I signed the official gratitude to the Head of Department of General Prosecutor's Office of Russian Federation Kaminin I."
Yuriy Lutsenko also noted that he is forced to disappoint Russian Prosecutor's Office and Yanukovych himself, whereas “the real order of the President of Ukraine needs a seal bearing a coat of arms apart from the signature”.
“Fortunately Yanukovych forgot to steel it,” – commented Lutsenko.
The prosecutor’s office will decide on the article to apply to the deeds of Yanukovych. Yevhen Yenin, Deputy Head of the General Prosecutor's Office of Ukraine, wrote that on his Facebook page.
“Russian General Prosecutor's Office played a dirty trick on Yanukovych when they sent to Ukrainian investigators the copy of the so-called order by the “legitimate” president naming 520 Crimean prosecutors, who were allegedly withdrawn from Ukrainian citizenship. Ukrainian General Prosecutor's Office shall learn how to qualify such actions –self-empowerment, forgery by an official or the next episode in treason against the state,” – wrote Yenin.
As it was reported earlier, in 2015 General Prosecutor's Office of Ukraine published the list of 144 employers of the Prosecutors’ Office of Crimea, who switched for the side of the aggressor. They were rendered notices of suspicion.
In May 2016, General Prosecutor's Office of Ukraine published summons for more than 700 judges, prosecutors and MPs, suspected of the state treason.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case