BBC: US election: Trump adviser denies Ukraine 'cash payments'
Donald Trump's top aide has denied receiving "payments" from the former Russian-backed Ukrainian government
"I have never received a single 'off-the-books cash payment,'" Paul Manafort said in a statement.
The New York Times reported finding ledgers pledging $12.7m (£9.8m) in undisclosed cash payments to Mr Manafort between 2007 and 2012.
Hillary Clinton's campaign has called for Mr Trump's team to disclose any pro-Russia links.
"The simplest answer is the truth: I am a campaign professional. It is well known that I do work in the United States and have done work on overseas campaigns as well. I have never received a single 'off-the-books cash payment' as falsely 'reported' by the New York Times," the statement reads.
The New York Times article said Mr Trump's campaign manager and his business played a key role in advising Ukraine's former pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovych, who fled after an uprising in November 2013.
Mr Manafort's work advising Mr Yanukovych's pro-Russia political party, ended when the country's parliamentary elections were held in 2014, he said in his statement.
The New York Times report said Ukraine's National Anti-Corruption Bureau had discovered the listed payments in the ledgers of Mr Yanukovych's then governing Party of the Regions - allegedly part of "an illegal off-the-books system".
The bureau is also investigating business deals worth millions of dollars put together with the help of Mr Manafort's business.
Read the full article here.
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars