BBC: UK troops to take on NATO duties in Poland and Estonia
Hundreds of UK troops are to be sent to Poland and Estonia as part of the NATO response to concerns over Russia
A 500-strong battalion will be deployed to Estonia and 150 troops will be based in Poland to "reassure" these countries, the defence secretary said.
It is part of a Nato commitment made after Russia's annexation of Crimea from Ukraine in 2014 to have four new battalions on its eastern flank.
Michael Fallon said it aims to "deter Russia from any further aggression".
Eastern Nato countries "feel enormous pressure from Russia doing large exercises on the border, flying over their airspace and so on," he said.
The UK is also to take over the leadership of a standby force in 2017.
Mr. Cameron, who is due to announce the deployment at a Nato summit in Warsaw later, said: "This summit is a chance for us to reiterate our strong support for Ukraine and our other eastern allies to deter Russian aggression.
"Actions speak louder than words and the UK is proud to be taking the lead role, deploying troops across Eastern Europe.
"It is yet another example of the UK leading in Nato."
Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg says Russia's use of force against Ukraine "has really changed our security environment. Nato has to respond".
Read the full article here.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case