BBC: Nicolas Sarkozy to seek French presidency again
Four years after he left the Elysee, Nicolas Sarkozy is keen to return
Former French head of state Nicolas Sarkozy has announced that he is a candidate to run again in next year's presidential election.
In order to stand, he must first win his centre-right Republicans party's primary in November.
Mr Sarkozy said he "felt he had the strength to lead the combat at such a tormented moment in our history."
No-one doubts his energy, but a number of obstacles must be overcome if he is to fight his way back to the Elysee.
Read the full article here.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case