BBC: Intelligence officials reveal secrets to Donald Trump
As the Republican nominee for the US presidency, Donald Trump received a classified briefing on Wednesday
The intelligence briefing ensures that regardless which candidate wins, that person will be prepared on day one for his or her role as the commander-in-chief.
Both candidates receive these briefings, usually within days of one another. Hillary Clinton hasn't said anything publicly about her schedule. It's possible that she's already spoken to the intelligence officials, or is in the process of being briefed.
The briefing serves as an introduction to a world that is insular and closed off. Officials describe methods of collecting intelligence - from signals intelligence, which looks at radio and radar clues, to human intelligence gleaned from agents and contacts - and what they know based on those methods.
The officials explain about dangers, ranging from the Islamic State group to despotic leaders around the globe.
Read the full article here.
‘Fight Night’ between Trump and Clinton to kick off in the U.S. 19 October, 09:14
New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed 21 October, 19:14
Final Trump-Clinton debates - best quotes 20 October, 12:17
Trump, Clinton shake hands after TV debates 10 October, 07:50
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain