“Batkivshchyna” faction requires convening Supreme Council extraordinary session
The only agenda item will be Arseniy Yatsenyuk resignation
“Batkivshchyna” faction requires Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and Supreme Council speaker Groisman to convene Supreme Council extraordinary session”, - reported the faction leader Yulia Tymoshenko during the press conference.
"We are now openly and publicly appeal to the President of Ukraine and the Supreme Council chairman with a single requirement. According to Article 83 of the Constitution, the extraordinary session of the Supreme Council with the specified agenda shall be convened by the Chairman alone or by the President’s request. In addition, there is an opportunity to collect a third of MPs' signatures. But one-third of the signatures of people's deputies - it is the same as the President and the Prime Minister factions MP’s signatures. Therefore, we appeal now, in accordance with Article 83 of the Constitution, with a request on immediately convening an extraordinary meeting of the Supreme Council with a single agenda item - Yatsenyuk government resignation.
There are every reason and tools for it. According to the Constitution, even if distrust of Government consciously has been voted down, we can vote for Prime Minister dismissal, which also entails the resignation of the government.” - said Tymoshenko.
Also “Batkivshchyna” faction believes that the Supreme Council extraordinary meeting should be held in order to "get the opportunity to sit down together with the democratic forces and radically revise false and deeply mistaken Ukrainian strategy for economic and social policy pursued by the Prime Minister and his government."
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars