Background of Russian aggression by National Institute of Strategic Studies
Political and diplomatic tools, informational and military pressure were used to conquer Ukraine
National Institute of Strategic Studies completed a study entitled "Russian blitzkrieg against Ukraine failed", reported the press service of the National Security Council.
We selected the study main theses related to the premises of Russian aggression against Ukraine:
“Ukraine's independence as a result of USSR disintegration in 1991 initially was considered and is considered today by Russian elite as unfortunate historical mistake which should be corrected as soon as possible.”
"The key task of the Russian Federation is to seize the Ukraine, which should dramatically increase the level of Russia’s demographic, political, economic, military and other resources. During the NATO summit in Bucharest (April 2008), Vladimir Putin summed up the Russian strategy towards Ukraine, saying: “Ukraine generally is not the state. Part of its territory is Eastern Europe, and another large part, is gifted by us. If Ukraine will go to NATO, it will go without the Crimea and the East – the country will just fall apart."
We recall that February 18, 49th Russian humanitarian convoy crossed Ukrainian border
"In order to implement this strategy a complex system was created in Russia that includes political and diplomatic tools, economic, energetic, informational, military pressure, increase of disruptive technologies using, which were developed and tested in Stalin's Soviet Union."
Kremlin has different scenarios of conquering the Ukraine, including the military.
The monopoly power of Yanukovych and his criminal oligarchic capital gave Russia new opportunities to strengthen the pressure on Ukraine.
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels