Assembly of Romanians of Ukrainian Bukovyna asks Poroshenko on autonomy
Romanians appeal to the decision on territorial autonomy for the Crimean Tatars
Assembly of the Romanians of Bukovyna (Ukraine) asks the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko for granting the autonomy to the territory of their compact residence in the Chernivtsi region. This was reported by the coordinator of the Assembly of Romanians Council Dorina Chirtoace, according to "Ukrainian News".
According to Chirtoace, the rights of Romanians and other ethnic minorities in Ukraine are seriously violated and the autonomy will help to build protective mechanisms.
The Romanian Diaspora appeal says that the president's decision to grant territorial autonomy to the Crimean Tatars "has created a legal and political precedent, in which all compactly residing in the Ukraine national communities can apply for similar status."
The Assembly also decided to send this appeal in the EU, PACE and other international bodies.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas