Anti-terrorist center organized fire in Kyiv's House of Trade Unions
All fighters of "Alpha" special police units are interrogated and the Security Service is accused of commiting this crime
Forcible takeover of the House of Trade Unions, which occured during Euromaidan in Kyiv, has been organized by the leadership of the anti-terrorist center, said Serhiy Horbatiuk, the head of the Special Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General's Office.
"The leaders of anti-terrorist center involved "Alpha", special police units from different regions, into occupying of the House of Trade Unions. The operation was carried out through the roof of the building. During the operation the fighters of "Alpha" were armed with firearms, although the cases of their using had not been observed. All these actions have forced the protesters to defend themselves because of the feeling clear threat to their life and health. It resulted into fire and House of Trade Unions had been destroyed killed two people," said Horbatiuk.
He also added that the anti-terrorist center was established, which included representatives of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service, police and officials.
Recalling, the fire in the building of House of Trade Unions at Independence Square in the very heart of Kyiv, took place at night of 18 to 19 February, 2014. Due to the difficult situation in the capital city, entrance to the building was closed. At the time of the arrival of the first fire fighters the fire already covered seven floors (from 3 to 9) of the building.
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
In Moscow and Warsaw pass protest actions "Stop Putin" 14 October, 21:03
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars