Another U.S.-Ukrainian military drills to start soon in western Ukraine
Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt, Lt. Gen. Ben Hodges met with Ukrainian defense minister Stepan Poltorak in Kyiv
According to the Ministry’s press service, the sides discussed further cooperation – in particular, next steps of the multi-national group training the Ukrainian military.
‘The U.S. partners are the ones who provide the most significant assistance to Ukraine’s Armed Forces; I’m endlessly grateful for your clear positions towards Ukraine, and the support that we’ve been enjoying for the last couple of years – the tough years in the life of our country and our army’, Poltorak told Pyatt during the meeting.
The U.S. Ambassador replied that Ukraine is not alone in struggling with the enemy, as his country’s government goes on with the policy of zero tolerance to the Russian aggression and the support of Ukraine on different levels.
Ben Hodges, the Commanding General of the U.S. Army in Europe, appreciated Poltorak’s personal control over the preparation works before the drills that will soon kick off at a firing range in Yavoriv (Lviv region, western Ukraine).
‘The preparation works are now at the final stage. Most of the servicemen already arrived to Yavoriv, and I’m grateful to the Minister for the correct selection of manpower for the drills: these are the specialists who above all need their skills improved’, Hodges said.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case