Another Regional Council of Italy recognized Crimea as part of Russia
Totally three regions of Italy recognize the Crimea as a part of Russia now: Lombardia, Liguria and Veneto
Regional council of Italian region Lombardy voted for recognizing the occupied Crimea as a territory of the Russian Federation and for cancelling sanctions against Russia, according to Giorno.
Party ”North League" (Lega Nord) initiated the resolution “Recognition of self-determination principle for the Crimea and cancelling sanctions for Russia”. The resolution was supported by MPs from “Forza Italy”, “Brothers of Italy” and “5 Stars Movement”.
MPs from “Democratic Party” and “Civil Pact” voted against the resolution.
The decision adopted empowers the Lombardy Council to interact with national government to restore dialogue with Russia, change relations between European institutions and the Russian Federation, promote cancelling sanctions against Russia, encourage Italian authorities to condemn EU policy regarding non-recognition of the occupied Crimea.
As a reminder, Liguria Regional Council adopted a similar resolution on June 29, and Veneto Regional Council – on May 18.
It is important to note that ”North League" and “Forza Italy” are considered to be pro-Russian parties in Italy.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas