A blast near a police check point killed nine policemen, injuring another 64 in the south-east of Turkey, according to Reuters.
According to the report, a car bomb exploded in the town of Cizre in Sirnak province near the police headquarters.
"The victims of the explosion taken to the nearest hospitals", - reads the message.
It is noted that the province of Sırnak is located on the border with Syria and Iraq, and a large proportion of the Kurds residing in the province.
Responsibility for the attack, allegedly, is carried by the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), involved in almost daily clashes in the region since last July.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas