Ankara expects visa-free regime introduction date from EU
Ankara urges EU authorities to determine exact date of introduction of visa-free regime
"We look forward to determining the specific date of introduction of a visa-free regime with the EU states members, which is important for the future of the Agreement on readmission. This could be the beginning or mid-October, but the EU should announce the exact date", Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said, Anadolu reports.
In an interview with German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, the head of Turkish diplomacy reminded that the agreement between Ankara and Brussels on the fight against illegal immigration of March 18 contributed to reducing the number of refugees arriving at the Greek islands.
"The traffickers and their victims now clearly understand they will be sent back in case of arrival on the island. In addition, we have taken a very serious anti-smuggling measures, including in Turkey. Reduction of the flow of migrants is also facilitated by the fact that people who do not use the services of illegal carriers, were given a real chance to be placed in the European Union’s territories", Cavusoglu said.
He also recalled that Turkey received more than a thousand people in the framework of the bilateral readmission agreement between Turkey and Greece.
"Greece side is happy with the level of cooperation in this field", the Foreign Minister said.
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case