Anadolu: US' Biden to visit Turkey later this month
Vice president to meet Erdogan, PM following July's failed coup attempt
Vice President Joe Biden will meet senior Turkish officials later this month in Turkey, the White House announced Saturday.
“While in Ankara, the vice president will meet with President Erdogan and Prime Minister Yildirim to discuss the U.S.-Turkey relationship and a range of issues of importance to both nations,” it said in a statement.
Biden will also visit Riga, Latvia and Stockholm, Sweden on his Aug. 22-25 tour.
His visit comes amid strained relations between the NATO allies following the July 15 failed coup bid in Turkey.
Ankara accuses U.S.-based cleric Fetullah Gulen of masterminding the plot, and is actively seeking his extradition.
Biden will be the most senior U.S. official to visit Turkey since the defeated putsch.
Read the full article here.
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas