Anadolu: Police search air base over coup attempt in Turkey
Investigators examine flight, radar data from Incirlik Air Base in southern Adana province
Turkish police on Monday started a search of the 10th Air Tanker Base in Adana’s Incirlik Air Base in connection with Friday’s failed coup attempt, according to judicial sources.
Police are investigating air traffic control and radar data at the base from where a tanker aircraft which refueled warplanes involved in bombing Ankara during Friday’s coup were found to have taken off.
Speaking on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on talking to the media, the sources added that the military crew which enabled the refueling of the F-16s is also under investigation. Two acting Chief Public Prosecutors and five prosecutors from Adana Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office are in charge of the investigation.
Read the full article here.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars