13 people released from Ukrainian "secret prisons"
Most of them are from the list of Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, conveyed to Anatoliy Matios - the Chief Military Prosecutor of Ukraine
13 people released from the "secret prisons" of the Security Service of Ukraine, according to a report by human rights organizations Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch. The organizations claim that these men were released after the publication of the report You Don't Exist": Arbitrary detentions, enforced disappearances, and torture in eastern Ukrain on July 21, 2016, which states that Ukrainian government and the separatists use torture and illegally held people in custody.
According to human rights watchers, it has at least five more people are still in being secretly kept, two of them are Russian citizens.
Earlier, the United Nations Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture delegation suspended their visit to Ukraine after it was denied access to several places, where allegedly SBU was illegally holding people in detention.
Gerashchenko: Ukraine demands that Russia releases Sushchenko 3 October, 10:00
Sushchenko case: Ukrainian reporter arrested for two months 3 October, 11:30
Parubiy: Time to impose visa regime, extend sanctions against Russia 3 October, 12:15
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain