Ambassador of Nicaragua made an official visit to annexed Crimea
The purpose of his arrival was to discuss the student exange issues and trade cooperation
November 10, self-proclaimed Russian government of Crimea met with Ambassador of Nicaragua to Russian Federation, Juan Ernesto Vásquez Araya, as reports the press office of the government. It was the first official visit of the ambassador of a foreign country after the Crimean status pseudo-referendum of 2014.
The official from Nicaragua met with the so-called head of the Crimea Sergey Aksenov and discussed issues of cooperation, in particular in the field of education. The ambassador announced that the students from his country will arrive in Crimea soon in order to receive education.
"We have visited the Federal University and talked about the possibility of the exchange of students and teachers. We have also signed the document, according to which the first group of Nicaraguan students will come to Crimea in the next year already," stated Juan Ernesto Vásquez Araya.
"Crimea is an important tourist region of Russia, and I think that Nicaraguan products might be of interest to your market," he added.
Earlier Nicaragua has recognized South Ossetia and Abkhazia, the breakaway Georgian regions. Georgia officially considers them as sovereign territory of the Georgian state under Russian military occupation.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain