All-Ukraine protest march against raising tariffs under way in Kyiv
People gathered in columns and head to the government’s building
Several thousand people from all over the country joined the all-Ukraine protest march against raising tariffs. ‘People who came here demand to keep the prices for gas and other social tariffs as they are. They also demand raising salaries, saying the wages should be just like those in the EU, and it should be adequate compared with the current prices in Ukraine’. People expect their wages to be economically sound and no less than the officially settled minimum – 3067 hryvnas (a bit more than USD 120)’, 112 Ukraine TV channel reporter said.
Law enforcers and ambulance convoy the protesters. Road traffic is limited due to the march.
‘People say they’ve got to pay 30-40 percent of their salaries to cover expenses on tariffs, so they’re kind of desperate about it. They are heading for the Cabinet’, the correspondent said.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas