Agramunt: Ukraine, Russia both responsible for peace process in Donbas
PACE to continue working with representative of both countries, - the Assembly’s President
‘Ukraine and Russia share responsibility for reaching this goal – the regulation of Donbas conflict. So PACE should continue working with representatives of both sides so that these countries contribute to full implementation of Minsk agreements’. Pedro Agramunt, the PACE President, said this in an interview with Interfax Ukraine news agency.
The politician said he saw his own destination in ‘providing equal rights for participation in the Assembly for all parliamentary delegations of the Council of Europe member countries’.
‘It’s true that our relations were marred by certain problems but these bounds are alive, and they can be improved. By gathering the Assembly’s members together, we can reach trust and general understanding of the fact that peaceful and prosperous society can only be built on the grounds of freedom, democracy, human rights and the supremacy of law’, Agramunt stressed.
The PACE will decide whether to continue cooperation with the Russian delegation in early 2017. Ukraine reacted with concern and disappointment on the PACE’s resolution about the necessity to restore the dialogue with Russia.
The Russian Federation was stripped of its vote in April 2014, immediately after the annexation of Crimea and the beginning of military conflict in Donbas. In January 2015, PACE extended the restrictive measures against the Kremlin for another year. Protesting against this, the Russian delegation said it’d suspend all contacts with PACE until late 2015.
In early 2016, Russia refused to join the PACE session so as to avoid extension of sanctions, saying that ‘there are too many inadequate views in this authority’. PACE noted that under such circumstances, Russia will not be able to join the Assembly’s work in 2016.
Source: Interfax Ukraine
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Berlin to host Normandy Four meeting today 19 October, 10:43
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars