Abromavicius offers to reload governmental system in Ukraine
The Minister says the country needs an “absolutely technocratic government”
Ukraine should reload the system of authoritative bodies, create fully technocratic government that would enjoy guarantees of independence and support of the parliamentary coalition, and relieve of duties several high-ranked officials, starting with Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin.
Minister of Trade and Economic Development Aivaras Abromavicius said this in an interview with Associated Press.
“Only a government of technocrats will be able to bring the country and the nation at the new level of progress and living standards. I offered Natalie Jaresko to chair the new government and insisted that she must be free to choose anyone she considers the right choice to be a minister” Abromavicius said.
Besides, he noted, Ukraine should reform the very structure of the Cabinet of Ministers, because there are no conditions for effective work of technocrats.
Abromavicius stressed that the support of Prime Minister Yatseniuk and President Poroshenko is quite important in this regard, because two largest parliamentary factions depend on these leading figures.
As 112 International previously reported, on Thursday, Ukraine’s Minister of Trade and Economic Development Aivaras Abromavicius decided to resign, saying the reason is constant “blocking of systemic and important reforms” in Ukraine.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars