Rally to support Sentsov and Kolchenko to be held in Kyiv today
The organizers want to draw attention to the case of illegally detained Ukrainians by the Russian Federation
A rally to support political prisoners Sentsov and Kolchenko, illegally held in Russia, to be held in Kyiv's Poshtova Square today. This was announced by the organizer of the rally Polina Brodik.
Rally is scheduled at 7 p.m.
"Today, at 19:00 at the Poshtova Square a rally will take in support of Sentsov and Kolchenko. We want to draw attention to their cause to the problem again. It's been a year in prison, after they were convicted illegally. We are going to raise the eternal question - who are the judges. And we are going to sentence real felons," -. said the statement by Polina Brodik.
For now, more than 40 Ukrainian political prisoners are illegally held by Russia - the deputy head of the Mejlis Ilmi Umerov, journalist Stanislav Klyh, the leader of the Ukrainian National Assembly Mykola Karpyuk, film director Oleg Sentsov, public activist Olexandr Kolchenko and others.
It was reported earlier, a special platform will be launched next week for interacting of non-governmental organizations to release of political prisoners. Gennady Afanasyev and Yuri Lutsenko are reported to be involved.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case