A mercenary of so-called DNR from Uzbekistan was trying to get Ukrainian citizenship
A 20-yeal old citizen of Uzbekistan fighting for insurgents is detained
A citizen of Uzbekistan, Aleksandr Brikin, who fought in the ranks of the militants of the terrorist DNR, was detained by Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) in Mariupol, when trying to get Ukrainian citizenship. This was reported by SBU press service.
The report says that the 20-year-old foreigner joined the ranks of the terrorists in December 2014 with the aim of earnings. "Having received a nickname "Gunman", he participated in the fighting in Horlivka and Shyrokine", - reportes the Security Service.
In August 2016, bypassing Ukrainian checkpoints he arrived in Mariupol for registration of citizenship of Ukraine, where he was detained and taken into custody.
A criminal proceeding is opened against him in charge of participation in a terrorist organization. Operational-investigative actions are being conducted.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas