A meeting between Putin and Erdogan kicked off in St. Petersburg
Putin and Erdogan declared Syrian question to be discussed among others
Vladimir Putin and Tayyip Erdogan began their meeting in St. Petersburg. They exchanged greetings and promised to discuss a range of issues, including economic relations between the two countries.
Putin noted that the country's leaders will talk in a narrow circle, as well as in a broad circle discussing the recovery of trade and economic relations and the fight against terrorism among others.
Putin also said that he was one of the first who expressed his support for Turkey's president after the coup attempt. "This is our principled position. We always oppose the attempts of unconstitutional actions. I would like to express the hope that the Turkish people will cope with this problem and the constitutional legitimacy will be restored," - he said.
"I am very happy with this opportunity, welcome," - concluded the Russian leader.
Erdogan, in his turn, thanked Putin for the meeting "in this sensitive period" and said that relations between the countries resume its positive course. He said that he was "very pleased" to get a call from Putin after the military coup on 16 July.
"Our process of determination goals is known to you and me, I am confident that our mutual steps will further extend the process of building up the relationships", - concluded the Turkish President.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case