A mass protest against amendments to Constitution held near parliament
Party of Oleh Lyashko blocked the rostrum impeding the parliamentary voting
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine gathered for an extraordinary meeting to consider the first reading of the adoption of amendments to the Constitution regarding decentralization. 226 parliamentary votes are needed to approve the amendments. Some part of MPs believe that these changes should secure a "special status" of the occupied Donbas, although the Head of the parliament and President Poroshenko strongly deny it. Currently, near thousand people with flags of different political forces and with banners concerning Donbass gathered in front of parliamentary building to protest against the amendments. They chime "Slava Ukraini", "Shame" and "Gangs go away".
Members of Lyashko's radical party have blocked the tribune in order to prevent the voting for amendments. MPs from "Svoboda" party also refuse to support the amendments to Constitution.
More than 3.5 thousand police and the National Guard of Ukraine are involved to ensure the peace and security of Kyiv downtown near Verkhovna Rada.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas