A bird strike caused Qatar Airways incident in Istanbul
A bird strike caused fire in one of the engines of the Qatar Airways airbus 330, forcing it to emergency landing in Istanbul
A Qatar Airways passenger plane made an emergency landing at Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport Thursday after a suspected bird strike caused a fire in one of its engines shortly after take off, aviation officials and the carrier said.
Aviation officials told AFP the incident was caused by a suspected bird strike that caused one of its engines to catch fire.
The plane was carrying 298 passengers and 14 crew, according to the airline.
Qatar Airways is one of the biggest carriers in the Middle East.
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain