Warsaw does not join the Normandy talks on Donbas conflict mediation
President Duda and Chancellor Merkel are to discuss the increasing of pressure against Russia
Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs Grzegorz Schetyna in his interview with TVP highlighted on the reluctance of Ukraine to hear Polish voice in Normandy format talks. "There is an influence of those stronger ones, Russia, Germany, and France”, he said. Polish Minister appealed to the previous Poroshenko’s statement that there is no need to extend the Normandy quartet.
At the same time Poland has its two neighbors: Germany, as the most important neighbor, and Ukraine, eastern territories of which are occupied by Russian-back militants. Hence Poland just cant keep away from this geopolitical squash. On this regard, Andrzej Duda, who have won as a President of Poland May 24, expressed his intends to discuss with German Chancellor further mechanisms of pressure against Russia, Bild. The new Polish President positively evaluated Berlin's efforts to resolve the conflict in Ukraine. “I think that Chancellor Merkel takes a very strong stance against Russia. I wish all the European countries supported her position. Only in this way we will achieve concrete results - real end to the conflict, not just freezing," he stated.
Mr. Duda added that he would like to see a stronger NATO presence in Central and Eastern Europe, in order to ensure peace.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars