Ukrainian Defense Industry works for 5-10% of its capacity
Ukraine is able to produce 30% of needed weapons
Serhiy Pashynskyi, head of the parliamentary committee on National Security and Defense, during the round table "The rearmament of the Ukrainian army: the objective needs, ambitions and realities", noted the low level of the weapons modernization and providing them the Ukrainian army.
Ukrainian Defense Industry “Ukroboronprom”, which counts more than 100 companies, is using its production capacity only for 5-10%. Ukraine could produce 30% of needed arms, as stated Pashynskyi.
He also highlighted that the strategic component of the defense industry is not created, and no serious steps in the modernization of air defense systems. Weapons refit process in Ukraine would last for 3-5 years.
Pashynskyi also emphasized that Ukraine must remember about the possible threat of Russian aircraft and be ready for an answer.
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels