Ukraine to liquidate Militsiya in three months and to replace it with Police
President Poroshenko signed a new law “On the National Police”
As was announced by Denys Horbas, Head of Legal Services Department of the Ministry of Interior Affairs, during his briefing, Militsiya, a civilian police in Ukraine, will be liquidated in three month. Ukraine will make these changes step by step for this time. “During this phase organizational and legal measures will be held, which are directly aimed at the transformation and the actual liquidation of the existing police and creating in its place a new body," he said.
The police can be transferred to the National Police as by competition and command orders.
August 4, in the presence of new patrol police officers, the President signed Law of Ukraine “On the National Police”.
The Head of State congratulated the representatives of newly established law enforcement agency: “The whole country is looking at you. This day will remain in the history of our country as the day when the national police of Ukraine was legalized”. The President reminded that exactly a month passed since the presentation of new police.
Ukraine's first police patrol came to his duties in Kyiv July 4. The police officially took the oath on July 4 at the Sofia square in Kyiv and the same evening started its beta version work. By the way, Kyiv police patrol training program was also held by Americans.
July 15 such a security body appeared in Mykolaiv, Kharkiv, Lviv and Odesa, which will last until August 7. Special trainings for police also started in Lutsk and Zakarpattia.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels