Ukraine says “goodbye” to Communist party
Ministry of Justice issued an act meaning three Ukrainian communist parties lose their ability to participate in political life, including elections
“Today is a day of historical justice. Today, the Minister of Justice, following the previously adopted law, has signed an act, according to which the Communist parties, registered in our country, lose the right to be subjects of the political and electoral process,” stated the Head of the National Security Council of Ukraine Olexander Turchynov during briefing, Interfax.
Ukraine’s justice minister, Pavlo Petrenko, declared: “I have signed three orders in that the Communist Party, in particular in its actions, in the name, in the symbols, the statute and the program violates the national law "On the condemnation of the Communist and National Socialist totalitarian regimes in Ukraine." Legal consequences is that this political force and 2 other Communist Party ["Updated Communist Party", "Communist Party of the Ukrainian workers and peasants"] cannot be the subjects of the electoral process and cannot participate in local, national and presidential elections”.
As was reported before, April 9 Verkhovna Rada supported the package of laws on “decomunization”. In particular, MPs voted for the law "On the condemnation of the Communist and National Socialist (Nazi) totalitarian regimes in Ukraine and their symbols promotion ban."
Local elections in Ukraine will take place on October 25.
Ukraine's Parliament to regulate mental health care issue 5 October, 17:02
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Ukraine's Parliament has to urge Netherlands to ratify AA with EU 3 October, 15:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case