Ukraine filed four lawsuits against Russia in ECHR
The complaints are currently pending
First Deputy Minister of Justice of Ukraine Natalia Sevostianova in her latest interview with 5 channel stated that Ukraine has longed four appeals to European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) against Russia.
The first lawsuit was filed three days before Crimean status referendum took place, March 13, 2014. Russian Federation has extended the term of the application on first two claims from Ukraine. Sevostianova stated that Russia constantly tries to postpone its response for the appeals, and the next date for Russia to express its position to ECHR is scheduled for September 25.
Since the cases have been considering by ECHR, Russia has given only two responses to the Court. Particularly, it was trying to understand, why the ECHR is addressing to Russia on Crimean issue. In this very lawsuit Ukraine proves that Russia’s actions regarding indigenous Crimean Tatar population are politically motivated actions.
Over the life ECHR, there were 16 interstate cases, the last three came from Georgia.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday 24 October, 09:28
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas