US withholds a radar upgrade of Ukraine
"Our assistance to Ukraine still is on the nonlethal side but we continue to look at" - Kirby
The world has witnessed that situation with Donbas conflict has stepped up last days. Numerous reports from National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine and anti-terrorist operation press office highlight that Russian-backed militants are routinely violating the Minsk agreements. In these terms question of lethal weapons delivery is really tengible.
“It’s one of the larger-scale escalations of the conflict since a winter cease-fire. Meanwhile, the Obama Administration continues to withhold a radar upgrade that would allow Ukrainian forces to protect against shelling,” states Wall Street Journal.
“Ukraine has a right to defend itself. Obviously, what we want from all parties here is to abide by Minsk, which means you withdraw and the violence stops, and you start sitting down and talking about a settlement going forward. But make no mistake of where the vast majority of these attacks are coming from,” stated State Department Spokesperson John Kirby during his latest briefing.
He also stated that US are aware of increasing attacks over the weekend and expressed his concern about that; “right now our assistance to Ukraine still is on the nonlethal side but we continue to look at”.
In June this year the U.S. were reported to plan a delivery of long-range radars for Ukrainian soldiers to help to fight the militants. But now it sticks with defensive weapons (helments, trucks, body armor etc).
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain