US prepares to send longer-range radar to Ukraine
The initiative of the US military awaits White House approval
“The Pentagon is moving toward providing Ukraine with bigger, longer-range radar to help it counter artillery being used by Russia-backed rebels, as U.S. military officials signal a growing willingness to bolster the country’s defenses,” writes the WSJ with the reference to US administration.
This modern radar "is not classified as offensive or lethal weapons", says the US authorities. Earlier, the US government decided to avoid the escalation of the conflict and not to supply Ukraine with lethal weapons, including artillery and air defense systems.
As was reported before, military maneuvers Siber Guardian/Rapid Trident-2015 with participation of NATO started on July 18. Two thousand soldiers from 18 countries, including the US, gathered to train together in Lviv region, Ukraine.
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
EU foreign ministers to urge Assad and his allies to come to trial 17 October, 08:30
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels