US prepares a new military training program for Ukrainian Armed Forces
US intend to expand training programs for Ukrainian military
US intend to expand training programs for Ukrainian military by training not only the soldiers of the National Guard of Ukraine, but the country's regular army as well. US considers expansion plan of the Ukrainian Armed Forces. This was stated by Commander of the Army US Armed Forces in Europe Frederick Ben Hodges. The program is currently under development. The plan must be approved by the United States, Ukraine and other member countries of NATO.
The new training course will probably include workouts similar to those currently held for National guard in Lviv region. However, they may also include anti-radiation protective measures and expedients.
Hodges added that such trainings would be useful for the US military who study in Ukrainian, since they themselves have never been under attack of the Russian army.
As previously reported, the US Congress passed amendments to Defense Spending Law, proposed by John Conyers, Congressman for Michigan. These amendments ban spending money on training of Ukrainian soldiers of "Azov" regiment, which was named "neo-Nazi" by some US senators. In turn, the US administration welcomes efforts by Ukraine to include volunteer battalions in the Ministry of Defense and Interior Ministry. State Department said that “Azov” battalion is not included in training program, because participation means that all necessary requests, including a check on human rights, should be followed," informed the Speaker of State Department.
Playing disengagement 12 October, 20:30
Over past day in ATO zone 3 Ukrainian soldiers were injured, - Lysenko 15 October, 17:07
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas