US prepared additional sanctions against Russia
US authorities assured Ukrainian side about additional measures against Russia if aggression escalates
"The list of additional sanctions is ready, all mechanisms are developed and ready to use," said former head of the Security Service of Ukraine Valentyn Nalyvaichenko after he visited Washington.
During his visit to US Valentyn Nalyvaichenko met with State Department's Coordinator for Sanctions Policy Daniel Fried, Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Victoria Nuland, congressmen Dave Trott, Randy Weber and Mercia Kaptur.
He posted on his page on Facebook that “US partners assured that in case of escalation of Russian aggression, the US reaction will be decisive, and the sanctions will be imposed on immediately".
Ukrainian politician stated that “US partners have confirmed support of Ukrainian efforts to overcome corruption. The US side is our ally in this fight". He highlighted the most important point by Daniel Fried: “US is ready and will help Ukraine, but no only Ukraine is able to overcome internal and external aggressor and implement the reforms. This is our "home task".
The statesmen also discussed the issue of International Tribunal To Investigate Flight MH17 Crash.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case