US Ambassador to Ukraine Jeffrey Payette visited Chairman of the Zakarpattia regional state administration Hennadiy Moskal
Іnvestment opportunities, situation with far-right organization “Pravyi Sektor” were discussed
They discussed investment opportunities of the region and situation with far-right organization “Pravyi Sektor”, as stated by press service of Moskal.
"I asked the Ambassador to help with US investments, and I guarantee that the investor will not spent even a cent for corruption component of the deal," said Moskal.
According to him, Zakarpattia region (southwestern Ukraine) had not implemented any serious investment project since 2005.
Zakarpattia region has a huge economical potential, it becomes obvious to anyone who travels here, stated Payette.
Except investment opportunities they also discussed the recent conflict in Mukacheve, Zakarpattia region, and involvement of far-right organization “Pravyi Sektor”.
“I really appreciate all that Moskal told me about recent events involving so-called “Pravyi Sektor”. What should be done with this group matters on Ukrainian government and Ukrainian law enforcement authorities. But I want to note that we, the United States, strongly support the position expressed by President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko, Minister of Interior Affaiers Arsen Avakov and chairman of the region Gennady Moskal. Use of force, use of weapons is the exclusive prerogative of the Ukrainian government and the Ukrainian Armed Forces. It is a generally accepted democratic standard,” said Payette.
Tthe visit Ambassador is connected with recent events, including shooting in Mukacheve.
As was reported before, June 11, a shootout between police officers, local businessmen and “Pravyi Sektor” militants in Mukacheve left three people dead and 13 injured. Ukraine’s Prosecutor General qualified the incident as a terrorist attack. The press service of “Pravyi Sektor” said its members were trying to dismantle smuggling routes, allegedly controlled by local officials, when they claim police opened fire on them without warning.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas