UN Secretary-General urged to take steps to Donbas conflict de-escalation
Ban Ki-moon called all parties to end hostilities and resume talks
“[The Secretary-General] calls on all sides to continue with dialogue and to fully abide by the spirit and letter of the Minsk agreements, including as related to the use of heavy weapons. Continued cease-fire violations and the resulting loss of life are unacceptable,” said in the statement issued by the Office of the UN Spokesperson.
The Secretary-General states that following truce is to prevent a spiral of violence that will lead to more deaths, human suffering and destruction of infrastructure and negatively affect regional stability. Ban Ki-moon expressed his concerns about access for critical humanitarian assistance, and freedom of movement for civilians throughout the country, which should be unrestricted and unconditional "in order to address a deteriorating humanitarian situation", according to the statement.
UN Secretary-General is aware of harassment aimed at OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine, and he expects all parties will fully respect the role of its personnel and facilities.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels