UK Minister of Defense Michael Fallon and Prime Minister Yatsenyuk talked on Donbas conflict
Mr. Fallon warned of the danger of freezing conflict
During the working meeting of Minister Fallon and Prime Minister Yatsenyuk the sides discussed the intensification of the security situation in eastern Ukraine, states the press office of the Ukrainian Cabinet. “The conflict in Ukraine should not be frozen: now it is “red hot” – a lot of your soldiers were killed after signing the Minsk agreements, many are wounded,” he stated.
Minister of Defense also highlighted the strong position of his country: “UK has leaded the process of sanctions implementation against Russia and financed the humanitarian and technical assistance”. Mr. Fallon also emphasized that for as long as its borders are threatened, UK is going to continue to support Ukraine. British soldiers will step up training Ukrainian troops in urban combat, dealing with mines and creating stronger fortifications, he said.
“Russia obviously demonstrates that it has no any intention to follow the Minsk agreements or withdraw its troops. The situation is really challenging,” claimed Yatseniuk, stressing that Russia-backed militants significantly increased the number of attacks. He also thanked the UK Government and Prime Minister David Cameron for the support of the reform and strengthening of the Ukrainian army.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region 22 October, 10:17
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars