Trial against Crimean Tatar Mejilis Deputy Chairman to be extended
Ahtem Çiygoz, deputy chairman of the Mejlis is threatened by faces 10 years of imprisonment
The trial extension takes place July 28 afternoon, said QHA. As stated by the Crimean Prosecutor Natalia Poklonska, deputy chairman of the Mejlis is threatened by faces 10 years of imprisonment.
Ahtem Çiygoz was detained by the Russian occupying authorities in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea on 29 January 2015. Ciygoz was placed under arrest on trumped-up charges of “organizing mass disorder” near building of the Verkhovna Rada of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea on 26 February 2014, according to the official representative of Russian Investigative Committee Vladimir Markin.
European Union negatively welcomed this fact: “The arrest of Ahtem Ciygoz represents the most recent act of persecution and intimidation of the Crimean Tatar community following Russia’s illegal annexation of Crimea”.
Since Ciygoz has been under arrest, about two thousand Crimean Tatars officially appealed to the investigator of the Investigative Committee of Russian Federation with a request to change the measure of restraint.
This decision comes a few time after Mustafa Dzhemilev, s former Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People and recognized leader of the Crimean Tatar National Movement, was handed a document on the Ukrainian border informing him he is banned by federal law from entering Russian territory for five years. It took place in April 2014.
Serhiy Kunitsyn, former Permanent Representative of the President in Crimea, in his interview with 112.ua said: “Why don’t we have a prime minister on occupied territories affairs?” Various services on returning Crimea, which now are established in Ukraine, has limited powers and authority; they are not effective at all. “Permanent Mission of the President of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, which was moved to Kherson, it not working,” claims Kunitsyn. That is why Ukraine needs a special prime minister on this issue.
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars