The UN General Assembly to discuss the "Crimean issue" this September
The tragedy of MH17 crash in Donbas will be also cosidered
Eskender Bariiev, Member of the Majlis and Coordinator of Crimean Tatars’ Rights Protection Committee, stated on his Facebook page that “UN General Assembly will consider the resolution, including the situation with the Crimean occupation and a tragedy with Boeing crash”. In contrast to the UN Security Council case, the Russian Federation cannot exercise the right of veto at the UN General Assembly.
Commenting on the "May 3" and "February 26" criminal cases against Crimean Tatars in Crimea annexed, a human rights activist said that the purpose of Russian behavior is pressure and intimidation of the Crimean population. He also said the Akhtem Chiygoz case is another vivid example of manipulation, when Russian wants to show its fake mechanisms of human rights respect.
“May 3” case. Thousands of Crimean Tatars had gone to a border-crossing point near Armyansk to meet Mustafa Dzhemilev, former Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People[on May 3 broke through lines of Russian troops to reach their leader.
“February 26” case is also known as Oleh Sentsov and Olexander Kolchenko case.
Chiygoz was detained January 29 as part of a criminal investigation on charges of February 26 case, 2014 at the building of the Crimean parliament. Currently he is imprisoned.
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain