So-called Donetsk People's Republic wants to join Russia
Self-proclaimed MPs state that "referendum" will be held after "local elections"
Self-proclaimed MPs of “Donetsk People’s Republic” called for their region to become part of Russia as a separate subject, states Ostro with reference to the leaders of DPR.
The source said the referendum is expected to take place 2-4 weeks after illegal "elections", scheduled on October 18, 2015 by local self-proclaimed authorities. The bulletins, which are already printed, will have a sign of a tricolor flag of so-called Donetsk People’s Republic.
The members of election commissions, formed for "local elections", should be involved in the “referendum”.
According to the information from DPR leaders, “local elections” in the territories not controlled by Ukrainian government are scheduled on October 18, but militants are still ironing out the details between the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republic. Hence the “elections” might be rescheduled for November 1.
They want a new independent state and appealed to join the Russian Federation for few times already.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars