Saakashvili: Influential coalitioners force Poroshenko to maneuver
Odesa governor says the president is aware of many corruption schemes
Influential coalition members force President Poroshenko to maneuver in his fight against corruption, stated Mikheil Saakashvili in hisinterview to Novoye Vremya.
"I think that President Poroshenko is informed very well on many points [of corruption schemes]. But there are convention of the political process and the coalition. And within the latter, there are such actors, that if you touch them, you will not like it. So, the president is forced to maneuver all the time", he said.
Saakashvili also explained why it is so difficult to get income from privatization.
"It's very simple. There is a huge bureaucratic hierarchy. For example, we want to get the money from privatization. We have several large companies in Odessa which want to gain access to the sea. And we have the land, having sold which you can build a road Odessa – Reni, access to the EU. But what does the law say? No way to selling. However, the port can announce that it doesn’t need the surrounding land. After that the Ministry confirms this statement, and together they decide who will get the alienated site. This situation demonstrates that all legislation is built for corruption. That is obvious!" said the governor.
Earlier, President Poroshenko said that for appointment Saakashvili as Prime Minister, his agreement is needed. Head of the state stated this in answer to petitioners, who called him to support Saakashvili’s assignment as a new head of the government.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars