Russian delegation cross the diplomatic frontier at the UN Summit
Russian diplomats left the UN session during Poroshenko's speech
Russian delegation left the General Assembly Hall at the United Nations during the speech of Ukrainian President Poroshenko at the session of the Summit to adopt the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It was reported by TASS with the reference to the one of the Russian diplomats.
“We walked out to protest against the evidently politicized and aggressive speech, which did not match the stated topic of the summit,” claimed the representative of the delegation.
Only one Russian diplomat has stayed in the General Assembly Hall. Responding to a question about why this diplomat had not joined his colleagues and had not leaded to the exit, the spokesman said that "the Russians have the habit to listen to the opponent and do not completely ignore the presentation".
Initially, Poroshenko was to deliver his remarks earlier (fourteenth), but it happened that he spoke immediately before the Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergei Lavrov. According to UN rules, if the speaker (for different reasons) is not able to give the speech in the allotted time, he is automatically moved to the end of "queue".
“We do not know, either accidentally or intentionally Poroshenko made this movement within his group of speakers,” said the spokesperson of the United Nations Secretariat.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain