Russia grants Ukrainians temporary refugee status to save them from mobilization
Russian authorities believes that the citizens of Ukraine should have an opportunity to hide from the mobilization on the territory of Russia
Presidential Council for Development of Civil Society and Human Rights spokesman Mikhail Fedotov in his interview with Unian stated that all Ukrainians are all exactly the same for Russia. “We discussed this topic in the Council and concluded that there are Ukrainians who left because they did not want to be shelled and live under bombs – this is the first category. But there are others who do not want to return to Ukraine because of their political beliefs, for example, do not want to be mobilized; it would be inhumanely to send them back," he stated.
Russian Migration Service continues the stay of Ukrainians and stateless people, who permanently lived in Ukraine and were forced to move to Russia. These people are given another 90 days to get legalization papers.
“Council recommends all residents of Ukraine of this category to receive the status of temporary asylum. It could be received everywhere except Moscow, Moscow region, St. Petersburg, Leningrad region and Chechnya; confirming the legality of stay in Russia for one year also gives the right to work without a license”.
As was reported before, from November 1 Russia intimidates with 3 years deportation of those Ukrainians who stay in Russia without permissions. This rule does not work for the residents of the south-eastern regions of Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine (the occupied territories).
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas