Raising the flag on UN: Ukrainian delegation was asked to leave UN Hall
UN serviceman security crumpled Ukrainian flag, which survives Russian attacks in August 2014
The delegation from Ukraine at the United Nations was asked to leave the General Assembly Hall after raising Ukrainian flag during the speech of Russian President Vladimir Putin. The incident was described by the head of the delegation MP Hanna Hopko.
"Due to violation of the rules of the UN (quiet protest with a flag shot by bullets during Putin’s speech), our badges were seized, and we were asked to leave the General Assembly Hall," she wrote in her Facebook.
"Russian aggression is also a violation of the UN rules. But Putin speaks from the podium though," adds Hopko.
Exclusive Representative of CNN in Ukraine Gennadiy Kurochka commented on the matter: "One of the police officers apparently did not realize how dear is this torn flag for us, and negligently crumpled it. Then I told him the story of our fallen heroes ... Few time after that ... police officer politely asked some pack, carefully made up the flag and said "Now I know your story".
Hanna Hopko released a heart-wrenching story of the notorious flag: "A Ukrainian soldier received this flag as a gift from his friend before departing to war. In August 2014, Ukrainian Army was liberating towns and villages, scoring a number of decisive victories against Russia-backed militants... On August 29, 2014, Ukrainian and Russian military agreed on setting up a “green corridor” enabling Ukrainian forces to retreat. However, Russian generals have cynically violated the deal –they launched deadly attacks from all kinds of weapons against the Ukrainians at close range. This is a war crime that has no statute of limitations. The truck where the flag was hoisted was blown up to pieces by the enemy bullets and artillery, and the Ukrainian warriors were ruthlessly killed. You witness the remains of the flag left after the Russian treacherous attack discovered by Ukrainian volunteers of the Chornyi Tulpan [Black Tulip] mortuary affairs group a month after the tragedy".
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars