Obama and Poroshenko will meet during the UN General Assembly
Meeting with Putin in New York is not planned
President Petro Poroshenko will meet US President Barack Obama on the sidelines of UN General Assembly, as Ukrainian leader told reporters after arriving to New York, Interfax-Ukraine.
"I just arrived, technically these issues are negotiated, I am confident that we will be able to converse", said Poroshenko.
At the same time, the President noted that the next meeting with Russian President Putin will be held on October 2 in Paris as part of negotiations in Normandy format.
Earlier, it was reported that Volodymyr Putin and Barack Obama will meet in New York.
Every effort is made to return political prisoners from Russia, - Poroshenko 10 December, 11:31
EU found compromise on visa-free suspension mechanism, - Poroshenko 7 December, 20:16
Onishchenko tapes: new blackmail against Poroshenko 7 December, 19:42
- asia11:23Death toll in Istanbul explosions reaches 38
- asia10:49Erdogan made official statement after explosions in Istanbul
- asia10:18ISIS militants enter Palmyra again after nine months, - observers
- POLITICS09:33Trump will face opposition in Congress if he makes concessions to Putin on Ukraine, - Senator
- asia08:47Istanbul explosions: More than 29 people killed
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:55Donbas: Enemy attacks drastically increased
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:19Donbas conflict: 41 attacks reported over past day
- POLITICS21:40French government intends to extend state of emergency until July 2017
- POLITICS21:05Trump's team commented on CIA allegations of Russian hackers intervention
- SOCIETY20:19As a result of explosion in Aden killed 40 Yemeni military
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
00:18, 10 December Yanukovych avoids coming to Prosecutor General's Office in Kyiv
23:59, 9 December European Parliament approves visa-free regime suspension mechanism