PACE President hopes to see Savchenko in Strasbourg soon
Anne Brasseur once again appeals to Russia addressing
On behalf of PACE she conveyed a message to support Ukrainian in her situation and expressed her hope to have the honor of welcoming her in Strasbourg in the Assembly Chamber.
Mrs. Brasseur highlights that since Savchenko’s appointment as a member of the Ukrainian delegation to PACE, she had repeatedly appealed to Russia and Council of Europe. January 29 an Assembly resolution and Opinion of the Assembly’s Committee concerning Savchenko’s status with regard to Council of Europe immunity were addressed to Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov. But Russia took no steps to release Ukrainian pilot.
As was reported before, the hearings in Savchenko’s case were leaded to Rostov region, Russia.
Mark Feygin in his latest interview with BBC that Savchenko’s conviction is already decided by Russian court, and Ukrainian pilot will face 25 of imprisonment if world community stays indifferent.
"Friends of European Ukraine" suggest to involve US into Normandy Four 13 October, 14:16
Georgian delegation to PACE didn’t’ vote for resolution on Ukraine 14 October, 12:03
Tuka doubts that Savchenko visited occupied territories of Donbas 14 October, 21:47
Poroshenko: It’s not time to reinstate Russia’s rights in PACE 13 October, 19:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars