Does it mean that there are no Ukrainians in Crimea anymore?
Occupied Crimea is not allowed to hold Independence Day of Ukraine
The text of the official statement was released by one of the founders of the Ukrainian Cultural Center, Leonid Kuzmin.
"Today we had bad news! After sending a notification about celebrating Independence Day of Ukraine to the Simferopol administration, the city authorities have refused to approve the celebration. The reason was the wrong time of sending our notification," wrote Kuzmin in his Facebook page.
He aslo added that Ukrainians may participate in an unofficial flower-laying ceremony at the monument to Taras Shevchenko.
Ukrainians in Crimea are conducted under heavy political pressure. For example, few days ago in Yalta (Crimea) was a meeting of Russian President Putin held a meeting with representatives of national associations of the peninsula. Ukrainian nation representatives were not invited to this event. Leonid Kuzmin rightly asks: "Does it mean that there are no Ukrainians in Crimea anymore?"
Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday 24 October, 09:28
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case